Updated: Jan 25
When the days grow longer, and the weather grows warmer, it's time to break out the spring cleaning supplies. Many people believe that spring is a time for new beginnings, so what better way to start fresh than by giving your home a good scrubbing?
Spring cleaning isn't just about getting your house clean; it's also about getting rid of all the clutter built up over the winter. When you have less stuff cluttering up your space, you'll find it easier to relax and enjoy your home.
Another benefit of spring cleaning is that it can help boost your mood. After being cooped up inside all winter, getting outdoors and into some fresh air can do wonders for your mental state. A clean home can also help you feel more organized and control your life.
So don't wait any longer; spring is the perfect time to give your home a good cleaning! Get out the vacuum cleaner, the mop, and the bleach and get to work! You'll be glad you did.
Spring is the perfect time to clean the house! Follow these tips for a tidy home.
1. Declutter your living spaces by getting rid of unused or unwanted items. Start in one room and work your way through, taking everything out and sorting it into three piles: keep, donate, or toss. Put back only what you need and use it regularly.
2. Organise your belongings using storage containers and shelving units. Choose appropriately sized containers that fit the contents and use vertical space whenever possible. Install shelving units in closets, pantries, and other small rooms to create more storage opportunities.
3. Deep clean all surfaces, including floors, walls, ceilings, windowsills, door frames, light fixtures - everywhere! Use a mixture of warm water and white vinegar to clean windowsills and door frames. Mix one-part ammonia to four parts water for floors and mop the floor with a sponge or rag.
4. Remove any cobwebs or dust bunnies using a broom, duster, or vacuum cleaner. Make sure to get into all the corners and behind furniture. If you have pets, be sure to groom them regularly as they are known to shed hair everywhere!
5. Polish all silverware, brass, and other metal items using a polishing cloth. This will help keep them looking shiny and new.
6. Give your curtains and upholstered furniture a good shake outside, or take them to the dry cleaners for a deep clean.
7. Clean the kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans using a degreaser or all-purpose cleaner. Make sure to remove any build-up of dirt, dust, or grease from the fan blades.
8. Check your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they are in working order. Replace batteries as needed.